Because Cats...

Want to talk about bass rigs? This is the folder for you.

Moderator: Bassmann1968

Bassballz

Because Cats...

Postby Bassballz » Wed May 30, 2018 10:46 am

Hey DNA Team!

So it's been quite some time since I last posted on the forum. I need some advice.

If I ever had one gripe about bass cabinets in general... it's the rat fur. Those carpeted cabinets look real pretty when you first get the cabs, but over time they tend to poof out a bit... or in my case, the cats have take a real toll on the cabinets. I should have bought covers to protect them, but hindsight is 20/20 and so on...

That said. Time to strip the carpet and put something else in its place! I was thinking about going with the Line X coating I see so many new cab makers using, but wanted to know if anyone on the forum has experience with such coatings?

Just the idea of my DNS 210's having a Line X type coating would make these cabs indestructible!

Any suggestions other than sanding to get ride of the excess glue and fur?

D.N.A. 1350, x2 DNS 210's

TobiasMan

Re: Because Cats...

Postby TobiasMan » Wed May 30, 2018 4:23 pm

Something to dissolve the glue residue?
Feel that bottom, eh?
Steinberger NXT5 EUB, MTD 535 fretless, Tobias Killer B6, 72 Fender P,
David's "pre-DNA" rig (Navs, Qsc PL230, XLT & XST 410s, WT500)

Bassballz

Postby Bassballz » Thu May 31, 2018 10:35 am

Update:

I bought a power sander and some acetone to remove the excess fur and glue. Worked like a charm (and took all darn day!).

Time to apply a Line X looking coating. At first I thought I'd go easy and buy Rustoleum Truck Bed Liner Spray (bought 5 cans of it), after about 4 hours and 4 cans later, it looked like crap. Not only that, but any remaining carpet fibers stuck out like a sore thumb as the spray attached itself to the hairs and looked awful.

Fast forward to today. I went back to the store and bought Rhinoliner roll on truck bed paint. First coat is drying right now and I can tell you it looks 300% better. I'll upload pics once I'm done but so far, it looks exactly the way I wanted it from the beginning. Woo hoo!
D.N.A. 1350, x2 DNS 210's

Bassmann1968

Postby Bassmann1968 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:40 am

Can't wait to see some pictures :-)
Armin

First european, first german, first old world and first multiple cab user :happy-smileygiantred:

1350, signed by David!
2xDNS112/8
1xDNS410/4

Return to “Amps and Speaker Cabs”