Can't wait

Want to talk about bass rigs? This is the folder for you.

Moderator: Bassmann1968

Cheri

Re: Can't wait

Postby Cheri » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:33 am

Rinos~ I remember the fender of course and if you ever think sell it, I will buy it. While we're at it, you can hand me down the amp you got now to save us some time since seem to end up with your old gear anyway. I had to try, lol. 8D Maybe one of these days you should stop by your moms when I'm having coffee with her and we can chat amps. Also, everything your mom has said about me is true.8D Hey was that band you were talking about widows offering? After reading this, I'm definitely getting jazzed about Dna amps!

Cheri

Postby Cheri » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:49 am

Grimjim: thanks for the amp info! I like to travel lightly, and as a musician, I definitely need to, so that info is truly helping me figure out what direction I need to go in regards to that. Thanks!

rinos88

Postby rinos88 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:55 am

Cheri-You're definitely welcome to use my rig any time you need, until you get your own WMD. Haha.
Now I'm wondering what my mother said about you.... I have A.D.D. pretty bad and can barely remember when.....wait....... squirrel!
DNA 1350 and 410-4: Why settle for really good tone when you can have the best?

https://store.cdbaby.com/m/cd/warhammer1

Cheri

Postby Cheri » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:07 pm

Rinos~ I have a.d.d bad myself, lol, what were we just talking about? haha! No biggie, one day I may beable to tell you myself, but until then, it will have to wait. I will definitely have to try the rig out to see the difference. Currently, I'm saving up for my amp and to get an acoustic bass. Ya'll got anything your saving up for?

rinos88

Postby rinos88 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:14 pm

Wait! I think I may know! It's about that one thing that can't be made public until it can be. That's awesome!
;D

Oh, the band I was referring to when I had the giant Ampeg boat anchor was Tree of Pain. I'll also have to show you my acoustic bass the next time the two of you are in the neighborhood.

Hey, GrimJim, have you had an chance to gig with your new rig yet?

grimjim

Postby grimjim » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:34 pm

No gigs yet. were writing right now. Next booked show is in November, opening for some metal band from Brazil. Forceps, I think. Though we'll take something if it comes along. For sure have it ready by then. Still getting it set up, new rack and mounting my other stuff into it. Looking forward to having more room too, the new rack can go on top of the cab, whereas my old one was too big and just took up floor space.

grimjim

Postby grimjim » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:55 pm

Okay, finally brought it to practice Monday night. Just, WOW. My old rig, svt 4-pro, was practically cranked but the 1350 kept up with the master at 12:00. And we play LOUD. I can't wait to gig/record with this thing,

rinos88

Postby rinos88 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:36 am

Yeah, the rig is a marvel to behold, for sure.

If you have a chance while you record, run the DI line and try using a high quality kick drum mic on the cabinet.

We tried that and the level of detail was astonishing. I'm guessing it has to do with the mic being built to withstand the air pressure levels of a kick.

Bassmann1968

Postby Bassmann1968 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am

WOW is the standard and nothing less :D
Armin

First european, first german, first old world and first multiple cab user :happy-smileygiantred:

1350, signed by David!
2xDNS112/8
1xDNS410/4

grimjim

Postby grimjim » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:21 pm

That's pretty much my standard recording technique. DI, AKG D112 for close field and an sm58 about 6' away. I'm excited to try out recording with my darkglass Alpha/Omega.

Return to “Amps and Speaker Cabs”