Therapy

Testing, ONE! Testing, TWO! Test one, Two THREE!! Is this thing on? Squeeeeeeeeeeel! This is where you place test posts so you can see if you're doing something correctly. Other posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Bassmann1968

Back2Bassics

Re: Therapy

Postby Back2Bassics » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:19 am

Lots of familiar monikers here. :)

I too thought about this dilema...I have come to the conclusion that I will probably do my DNA purchases in stages based on each previous acquisition...first up - a 210 cab to try out on my WT405. :D

After seeing/hearing the SEAL report, the 210 has been calling to me in my sleep...
DNS210-4, Old-brand WT405 1x12
2010 Skjold CS5, 2002 Warwick Corvette Custom, Fender Squier PJ (All black, with beer bottle opener. :D )

TOM

Postby TOM » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:16 pm

from lane:
(I totally realize that there are MANY avid Eden fans who have fully functional rigs at the moment. And I know that there's no way that they're all going to immediately sell their current rig to get a DNA rig. However, I believe that there are enough of us who are fanatical about their tone, and want only the best, to give this company a start. There are enough of us looking at a purchase window of opportunity, in you know what I mean. There are also many who are not happy with the "new" old company, and have already said that they would be widening their search field for their next purchase. What I mean by all of this is that I think there is a fair-sized group of folks who will be interested in the new cabs.)

from low freq:
(I had no trouble leaving Ampeg, SWR, EA, etc. in search for the 'grail'. And it's not an issue for me to sell my Eden gear to pursue DNA stuff. But it's a strange, almost melancholy, feeling to ditch 'one version' of David's vision for his latest genius (I don't count the early SWR stuff). It makes complete logic sense to it. But at the same time feels odd. In the end, like yourself, I'll buy whatever I like. Whatever makes me want to play. I hope others will as well.)
from lane:
(It might surprise you to know that I spent hundreds of hours trying to figure out a scheme to buy the old company back from Rudy. We actually had a tiny window at one point, but it closed before we could act on it. But I never stopped scheming)

Guys your reasons my hurt the heart. all your thoughts express me. other I do not never regret for the choices and purchases of past that it hears in the name David. the future they is Dna one and the founder it left. his error they was that sold his old company in persons that were only businessmen. that David and lane they bore so much years there " a god it knows.!!! have all of us enough musical tools from the old company those who can and him they keep as piece of past it has well. those who touch to them space and them they express more soundly lets they sell him. for me it exists henceforth a choice Dna. (with my hurt the heart).
Tom .
"Passionate with David" !!

jmcgliss

Postby jmcgliss » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:14 pm

My 2004 112XLT's, 2006 WTX260, and 2007 WT800C have been loyal, reliable partners. I don't plan on making them orphans since some of my basses are a very good match with the 112XLT's. I did sell a pair of SWR 410s last year that were underutilized, and thinned out the bass closet before David reappeared, so at least I can add rather than replace. The risk is that some new bass or home repairs will catch my eye before the new DNA gear is available. <you must focus on the cones, grasshopper>
Jeff C

Original DNA Test Subject
The DNA 1350 SLAMS!!
Gigging with 2 DNA DNS-112N/8 (sometimes just 1)
DNA 800 | WT800C | WT405 | WTX260
http://www.jcthebassman.com

Wes

Postby Wes » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:22 pm

I too long for some bass nirvana. . . but it's a good wait.

:)

I agree completely with Lane here - whatever makes me want to play! And David has always done that for me. . .

bassinyaface

Postby bassinyaface » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:52 pm

I've gone round and round in my head about the the future of this company. I do have all the faith that a new monster amp is on the verge of being born. I am excited about being a part of the inception of DNA! It's not often you find yourself at the start of something brand new and get to say I was there... We'll be getting a piece at a time till the rigs are complete then the DNA army will be marching on. HA Trailblazers!

docjones

Postby docjones » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:04 pm

I am ready for something new, my rig has been a workhorse for years. However my recent work requires something with a small footprint to keep up with three guitars, keys, percussion, and horns. Tight focus with 60 degree dispersion sounds good.

LaneOnBass

Postby LaneOnBass » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:23 am

Hey, Doc! I don't recognize the screen name, so I don't know if we've met before. Welcome to the forum, bro.

In an attempt to help you determine which DNA cabs (and later, amp) will best fit your needs, let me ask:

What's your current rig?

How loud is this band? I mean, do the guitarists run combos or half-stacks?
Keep Thumpin'!

Lane

Knock me down, I'll stand up again
'Cause I won't give up & I won't give in

My Web Site

Subscribe on You Tube
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Bass Lessons HQ

Return to “Newcomer Test Zone”