Therapy

Testing, ONE! Testing, TWO! Test one, Two THREE!! Is this thing on? Squeeeeeeeeeeel! This is where you place test posts so you can see if you're doing something correctly. Other posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Bassmann1968

Lowfreq

Therapy

Postby Lowfreq » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:31 am

So I'm in a pickle. Here we are basking in the new fallen glow of the new DNA site. Davids latest genius seems to be quite fetching. Yet a massive amount of us current 'Edenites' are 'happily' playing that other gear. Three rigs? 65 rigs? Sell everything and start over?
My XLT's are looking tired and beat up in their ripped and soiled purple tolex clothes. Whoa is me.

-LF

RipVanDan

Re: Therapy

Postby RipVanDan » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:23 am

Lowfreq wrote:So I'm in a pickle. Here we are basking in the new fallen glow of the new DNA site. Davids latest genius seems to be quite fetching. Yet a massive amount of us current 'Edenites' are 'happily' playing that other gear. Three rigs? 65 rigs? Sell everything and start over?
My XLT's are looking tired and beat up in their ripped and soiled purple tolex clothes. Whoa is me.

-LF

Probably a good idea to hold onto David's older stuff until his new stuff is on the shelves don't ya think? I'll be happy to hold onto your tired and beat up XLT's if you like...:whistle:

Dan
Rip Van Dan
Love those David Nordschow designs!
Amps: Eden WT500/800 (signature model!), Eden Nemesis RS400, Eden TN226
Cabs: DNS-410-8, DNS-210-8, two each Eden EX112-4
Basses: 1982 Fender Jazz (MIA), 2009 Rogue LX405 Pro (surprisingly good 5-string)

LaneOnBass

Postby LaneOnBass » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:23 am

I totally hear what you're saying...and we've thought an awful lot about this. But let me offer a viewpoint:

I totally realize that there are MANY avid Eden fans who have fully functional rigs at the moment. And I know that there's no way that they're all going to immediately sell their current rig to get a DNA rig. However, I believe that there are enough of us who are fanatical about their tone, and want only the best, to give this company a start. There are enough of us looking at a purchase window of opportunity, in you know what I mean. There are also many who are not happy with the "new" old company, and have already said that they would be widening their search field for their next purchase. What I mean by all of this is that I think there is a fair-sized group of folks who will be interested in the new cabs.

Another thing to remember is that I'm not just marketing to Eden owners, right? ;)

Finally, I've always said that tone begins in the heart and spirit. The job is to find a way to translate that tone into the real world with as little change as possible. For me, the closer I get to that ideal, the less I think about anything other than the music itself... allowing me to get totally lost in the song. That, to me, is Music Nirvana.

Each of us must find the instrument, rig and other gear that will help us make that happen. For me, these are the best cabs I've ever played through, and are a serious step up from what David has done in the past. If I'd never even heard of David Nordschow before, and played these cabs in a store, I'd be pulling out the wallet. It's that simple.

I guess what it comes down to is that whole Field of Dreams thing. We truly believe that if David builds it, they will come. :mrgreen:
Keep Thumpin'!

Lane

Knock me down, I'll stand up again
'Cause I won't give up & I won't give in

My Web Site

Subscribe on You Tube
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Bass Lessons HQ

Lowfreq

Postby Lowfreq » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:41 pm

Lane,

Of course I understand the venerable 'David Nordschow factor'. And that's the bit that I am agonizing over. I know I love it. As you may remember on the Eden forums, I have purchased and sold a lot of brand names over the years but stopped on Eden. I had no trouble leaving Ampeg, SWR, EA, etc. in search for the 'grail'. And it's not an issue for me to sell my Eden gear to pursue DNA stuff. But it's a strange, almost melancholy, feeling to ditch 'one version' of David's vision for his latest genius (I don't count the early SWR stuff). It makes complete logic sense to it. But at the same time feels odd. In the end, like yourself, I'll buy whatever I like. Whatever makes me want to play. I hope others will as well.

Oh, and yes, there are many people that need to be 'converted' out there.

-LF

Bassmann1968

Postby Bassmann1968 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:33 pm

A big +1.
It really feels odd.
Armin

First european, first german, first old world and first multiple cab user :happy-smileygiantred:

1350, signed by David!
2xDNS112/8
1xDNS410/4

LaneOnBass

Postby LaneOnBass » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:22 pm

Guys, I totally hear what you're saying. Explaining beyond that would take dozens of paragraphs, so I'll just leave it at that. I _do_ get it.

You know what makes it easier for me? Seriously? Knowing how it must feel for David. And, man, if HE can deal with, I can, you know?

It might surprise you to know that I spent hundreds of hours trying to figure out a scheme to buy the old company back from Rudy. We actually had a tiny window at one point, but it closed before we could act on it. But I never stopped scheming.

But that's all in the past, and we're looking forward. It's a lot of work doing this start-up, but it's also a LOT of fun, and a REAL thrill to be a part of it.

David is excited in a way I haven't seen in a long time. He is SO in his element right now, and he's having the time of his life in many ways. Just seeing him like that is enough for me. :D 8-) 8-) :D

But as I said... I DO get it. I also realize I've been living in this world for a LOT longer than y'all have... so you're still getting used to it. Isn't it always like that when you move? ;)
Keep Thumpin'!

Lane

My Web Site

Subscribe on You Tube
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Bass Lessons HQ

Spydah

Postby Spydah » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:28 pm

No question here! Maybe I should list my eden gear now to beat the influx ;)

Ive got a backup loaner (non David) sitting in my basement anyway.

TheBottomLine

Postby TheBottomLine » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:31 pm

I get it.
For me it's like the best just got better !
You have to be happy about that.
:clap: :dance:
Waiting for a new Amp , it's going to be soooo worth the wait !

http://www.myspace.com/8spadger8
http://www.myspace.com/kittenkongtheband

Bassmann1968

Postby Bassmann1968 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:53 am

Looking forward is the way to go!
Armin

First european, first german, first old world and first multiple cab user :happy-smileygiantred:

1350, signed by David!
2xDNS112/8
1xDNS410/4

LaneOnBass

Postby LaneOnBass » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:45 am

I'll tell you one thing that felt REALLY weird... changing my home page from one forum to the other. ;)
Keep Thumpin'!

Lane

My Web Site

Subscribe on You Tube
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Bass Lessons HQ

Return to “Newcomer Test Zone”