DNA Showcase at Music Garage in Chicago

Announcements, changes and updates... they're all here.

Moderator: Bassmann1968

jmcgliss

DNA Showcase at Music Garage in Chicago

Postby jmcgliss » Mon May 02, 2011 8:03 am

Hope you can make it to the DNA Showcase at Music Garage in Chicago

Saturday, May 21 at 2:00pm at Music Garage, 345 N. Loomis St, Chicago, IL

The full line of DNA bass speakers will be on display and available for test drives and live performance showcases in studios at the Music Garage located at 345 N. Loomis St, Chicago, IL from 2:00 to 6:00 PM. The events on May 21 will offer attendees several ways to experience the DNA products: demonstrations by current endorsees including Roy Vogt and Maurice Fitzgerald, a ‘test drive’ studio and a ‘plug in and play’ stage. Players can sign up to jam with the house band, choosing from a variety of music styles – including jazz, rock, and blues. The live music stage will give attendees the opportunity to experience and connect with the DNA tone.

Read the press release here: http://dnaamps.com/blog/category/news/

Facebook Event page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=218645934814191
Last edited by jmcgliss on Mon May 09, 2011 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff C

Original DNA Test Subject
The DNA 1350 SLAMS!!
Cabinets" 2 DNA DNS-112N/8 | DNS-115N/8
Amps: DNA 800 | Eden WT800C | Eden WT405

rinos88

Re: DNA Showcase at Music Garage in Chicago

Postby rinos88 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:22 am

Ugh! I'll be out of the country, hanging on the East coast of Africa on that day. I want to check out the 112n so bad, too.
DNA 1350 and 410-4: Why settle for really good tone when you can have the best?

https://store.cdbaby.com/m/cd/warhammer1

jmcgliss

Postby jmcgliss » Mon May 02, 2011 2:56 pm

rinos88 wrote:Ugh! I'll be out of the country, hanging on the East coast of Africa on that day. I want to check out the 112n so bad, too.

Sorry to hear that. It's going to be a blast. The Music Garage happens to be a DNA dealer, so when you're near the city, give them a ring. It's a top-notch rehearsal facility, with a great track record of hosting clinics for the bassist and drummer communities.

Have a great trip to Africa! Vuyani Wakaba (a DNS-112N owner) is on his way home from there.
Jeff C

The DNA 1350 SLAMS!!

rinos88

Postby rinos88 » Mon May 02, 2011 5:49 pm

Yeah, I contacted him a while back when I saw his last name was Wakaba. I know a guy in Kenya with that last name and thought maybe they were related, but Vuyani is from South Africa.

I'll definitely have to come up that way and check the place out sometime.
DNA 1350 and 410-4: Why settle for really good tone when you can have the best?

https://store.cdbaby.com/m/cd/warhammer1

jmcgliss

Postby jmcgliss » Sun May 22, 2011 12:33 pm

More to follow, and possibly some video. Maurice Fitzgerald and the Mo Fitz Band layed down some fierce soul-jazz grooves. Maurice used a DNS-410 8-ohm, demonstrating the cabinet's power, articulation, and strength. Maurice wanted to show how versatile the 410 is for every style of music he encounters, and easily succeeded.

Then Prof. Roy Vogt challanged with his Carvin 6-strings (fretted and fretless). His rig of choice? A single DNS-112N. Several of us in the room own one or more of these, but were astounded by the volume and articulation Roy achieved through this single cabinet. (Vuyani: care to add your comments?). I remember one moment where Roy was ripping some fast chords and hyper runs in the upper register, then instantly dropped the most pure low B note I've every heard. The clarity, transition speed, and note definition was jaw-dropping. That's a perfect example of David's gear enhancing and inspiring the player's skill.

In the demo room, we witnessed a high-power dueling basses exchange between the DNS-210 and DNS-410. As hard as they tried to jam, the cabinets just laughed at the onslaught.

After a great day among DNA cabinets, I had a great seat to watch a friend's horn band. Jim's Eden D212XLT sounded superb, reminding me that David Nordschow bass tone is no accident. It's "in the DNA" as they say.
Jeff C

The DNA 1350 SLAMS!!

Vuyani

Postby Vuyani » Mon May 23, 2011 10:52 am

The previous over-view of the DNA Showcase at The Music Garage was pretty complete. I suppose the only thing I'll add is about what was going on in the speaker cabinet showcase room, which was separate from the showcase room where the bands were performing.

The Music Garage was gracious enough to provice two Xotic basses (a four string and a five string - both active), as well as two Mike Lull (a four string and a five string - also active) basses for those who didn't bring their own instruments. Since DNA Amplification's new amplifier is not yet ready, a Thunderfunk 750 and an Ashdown head (I don't recall the model) were used to test the speaker cabinets.

Among the bass players who came out to check out the DNA line of speaker cabinets was touring Chicago bassist Mike Brown (bassist for The Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus), Chicago bassist Will Howard (session/touring bassist & leader of his own band called Soulgroove). Chicago Rock bassist Paul Chen also showed up to check out the new cabinets....along with many other great musicians. It was just a great time to check out DNA's product line, hear great player play through DNA's gear, and to hang out with fellow players.

Return to “Announcements”