Welcome to the DNA Forum

Announcements, changes and updates... they're all here.

Moderator: Bassmann1968

LaneOnBass

Welcome to the DNA Forum

Postby LaneOnBass » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:35 pm

Greetings to all Lords and Ladies of the Low End, and welcome to the David Nordschow Amplification Forum.

I'm Lane on Bass, and you may know me from other forums such as... well, let's just say that I moderated the forum at David's last company for around six years. I'll be handling those duties here as well, along with my good buddy and Super Code Jockey, Spydah. (More on him in a minute.)

Now, if you want to know more about me, you can find all sorts of stuff on the main web site. There's my endorser's bio, my business bio (I'm the VP, Sales & Relationships for DNA), and my own web sites (see my signature at the end of every post). For now, let's just say that I'm one of David's most ardent supporters and I'm really excited to be a part of this company.

If you hung out at the last forum, you already have an idea of how things will be here. Our goal is to create the most comfortable and useful bass-centric forum possible. And I hope you'll help me do that. One thing we hope to do even better this time around is respond to your thoughts, suggestions, comments and constructive criticism. We're not going to rehash old ground, OK? Let's just say that this time around we - meaning David - can actually act on what you tell us.

This goes for the forum, too! I want to hear your suggestions for changes and additions to improve it. If I understand it correctly, we can even do polls so we can all decide together to enact at change or not. So please feel free to speak up, OK? All we ask is that you be nice about. (You did read the stuff on the registration page before you pushed the button, right?)

One thing I need to make clear - the actual nuts and bolts administration is very new to me. I'm talking about all that behind the scenes stuff, like the aforementioned polls, and such. That's why I'm really thankful for Spydah. See, Spydah understands that stuff quite a bit better than I do. In fact, you can thank him for the fact that we even had a forum, because he's the one who built it.

Three cheers for Spydah!!!

May his strings never rust!

Spydah also created our Players Poll on the main web site, and is working on a few other projects that are still highly classified. All y'all will be among the very first to know when we launch each one.

OK. So... again, welcome. Please take a moment to introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about you. Also, post links to any web sites or social pages you think we should know about so we can all get connected. And make sure you friend up, follow, subscribe or whatever to all the DNA pages. And, as always,
Keep Thumpin'!

Lane

Knock me down, I'll stand up again
'Cause I won't give up & I won't give in

My Web Site

Subscribe on You Tube
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Bass Lessons HQ

Teer

Re: Welcome to the DNA Forum

Postby Teer » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:28 pm

Well, I like to thank Spydah for putting up the forum.

Spydah

Postby Spydah » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:04 am

Thanks for the props, but I really had no choice. It was one of those divine interventions. You know.. "if you built it, they will rock" type deals.

LaneOnBass

Postby LaneOnBass » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:28 am

Divine intervention?

I thought it was my incessant pleading and groveling and whining and begging.

Now that I know it wasn't any of those things... can I stop ??

:D
Keep Thumpin'!

Lane

My Web Site

Subscribe on You Tube
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Bass Lessons HQ

Spydah

Postby Spydah » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:07 pm

LaneOnBass wrote:Divine intervention?

I thought it was my incessant pleading and groveling and whining and begging.

Now that I know it wasn't any of those things... can I stop ??

:D

Your not Divine? Damn! What did I bust my hump for then?!?! ;)

LaneOnBass

Postby LaneOnBass » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:33 am

Your not Divine? Damn! What did I bust my hump for then?!?! ;)

For the Cheetos?
Keep Thumpin'!

Lane

My Web Site

Subscribe on You Tube
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Bass Lessons HQ

VinnyD

Postby VinnyD » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:33 pm

Wait.........There was Cheeto's involved :shifty:
Waiting for something new.....

LaneOnBass

Postby LaneOnBass » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:32 am

Wait.........There was Cheeto's involved :shifty:

Many years ago... back in the Dark Ages, when I was young, I was working as sales manager for a small local computer store. I would often have to go back and beg the techs to do something right away... get a power supply in a customer's main box... swap a hard drive... whatever.

So, one day, I'm back there begging the senior tech, and he turns to me and says loudly, "you know, you'd get more done if you offered some Cheetos..."

I went to the store right then a bought a HUGE bag. That night, I bought a box of small bags. From then on, when I had a favor to ask, I always brought a small bag of Cheetos. See, they HAD to say yes, now... :mrgreen:
Keep Thumpin'!

Lane

My Web Site

Subscribe on You Tube
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Bass Lessons HQ

overdog

Postby overdog » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:23 am

See? tech geeks (hardware fix-er-uppers, programmers, sysadmins) will always go the extra mile for free junk food!
- John

If you buy it right the first time, you have nothing to be ashamed of!

Bass: Roscoe SKB 3005 - Sculpted quilt maple top on a swamp ash body. Tobaccoburst finish. 35" scale 24 fret maple neck. Bartolini pickups & 3 band preamp.

LaneOnBass

Postby LaneOnBass » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:25 am

Sound men are very similar. I learned early on to schmooze the sound crew so I'd get their best sound.

I'd always introduce myself, and start a conversation about their gear... complimenting it no matter what: Man, those Behringer EQs look sweet! And that rack of Peavey amps... nice, bro! ... Stuff like that.

Then I'd say something like, "well, I'm going to get get a soda. You want one?" or "I'm going to grab some munchies out of my van. You like Twinkies?"

I was often treated like visiting royalty. :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue:
Keep Thumpin'!

Lane

My Web Site

Subscribe on You Tube
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Bass Lessons HQ

Return to “Announcements”