The Mars Volta!!

Favorite players, favorite songs, favorite bands. Here's where all get to pull a Wayne's World and act like adoring fans. It's all good...

Moderator: Bassmann1968

bassinyaface

The Mars Volta!!

Postby bassinyaface » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:01 pm

These guys are one of my favorites that I've discovered in the last 5 or so years!! I just broke out De-Loused in the Comatorium and I can never get enough of the rhythm section of Flea and drummer Jon Theodore on that album. Amazing work! Juan Alderete has since come in and been more than equal to the task and Thomas Prigden was from another planet on the drums. Unfortunate that he was let go. Luckly I got to see his last show with them at War Memorial in Nashville back last October. They take you on a real journey. Nearly epic. PEACE!! :clap:

Philosopher10

Re: The Mars Volta!!

Postby Philosopher10 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:33 am

I've heard that omar wrote the bass as well as the guitars, this may or may not be true.

rinos88

Postby rinos88 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:09 am

I'm going to have to check into these guys. You're like the eleventy-fifth person to say about how great they are, but I've yet to hear them.
DNA 1350 and 410-4: Why settle for really good tone when you can have the best?

https://store.cdbaby.com/m/cd/warhammer1

ProDigit

Postby ProDigit » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:31 pm

Philosopher10 wrote:I've heard that omar wrote the bass as well as the guitars, this may or may not be true.

Omar who? Omar Hakim? He's a drummer.

I'd seriously suggest to check out Victor Bailey, who got his roots from Jaco Pastorius. Jaco was basically the fatherhead of the funk/jazz for the bass.
Sure Bootsy Collins also got famous with some funk, and a whole load of other people, but few I know got as famous as the above two!

Return to “Fan Mail”