First DNA gig!

Gig reports, reviews, and tour updates about your own band or those you follow. Do NOT announce your gig dates here. Do that in the Post Your Next Gig folder.

Moderator: Bassmann1968

rinos88

First DNA gig!

Postby rinos88 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:33 pm

Wow! That's all I can say. First gig with the DNS410 was just amazing. As we were setting up for the show, I showed my cab to the members of the other two bands. They were astonished (as I expected) about the clarity, punch, depth (Oh, dear Lord, the depth) and detail of it.

In fact, I allowed both of the bass players of the other two bands to use MY cab instead of theirs. They're both hooked!

One of the players told me in his thick, Norwegian accent "That cab is amazing! It sounds better than my Ampeg and is louder, too! I've got to sell my Ampeg."

The other bass player, Toby, said "That thing is incredible! I've gotta figure out how to get one now."

So, in all, my cab stayed up for the entire show and got incredible compliments the whole night. From the sound guy to us bass players, other band members and people in the audience, everyone had something great to say about it. 8-)

Probably the best compliment I've had, ever, came from a close friend, John. He's traveled with me on countless shows across the country for the past decade. He's heard me play out well over a hundred times. His words were "Dude, I've been a fan of yours for a LONG time. I know what your tone sounds like. This is by far the best you've EVER sounded. That cabinet was pumping the room over the PA and sounded KILLER."
DNA 1350 and 410-4: Why settle for really good tone when you can have the best?

https://store.cdbaby.com/m/cd/warhammer1

LaneOnBass

Re: First DNA gig!

Postby LaneOnBass » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:43 am

AWESOME, bro! thanks for the review. And also for turning other players on to DNA.
Keep Thumpin'!

Lane

Knock me down, I'll stand up again
'Cause I won't give up & I won't give in

My Web Site

Subscribe on You Tube
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Bass Lessons HQ

rinos88

Re: First DNA gig!

Postby rinos88 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:16 pm

What can I say? I'm a gear pimp. :D

I'm going to try to do the same thing at our upcoming Chicago gig. The band we're playing with is a user of 'Brand E,' so I've gotta try to show him the future.
DNA 1350 and 410-4: Why settle for really good tone when you can have the best?

https://store.cdbaby.com/m/cd/warhammer1

Return to “The Tour Bus”