A little bit too late, but...

Tell everyone where you're playing. You never know who will show up.

Moderator: Bassmann1968

bassmayhem

A little bit too late, but...

Postby bassmayhem » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:17 am

Yesterday we had THE gig day.

First, at noon, our Elvis band at a local fair. Blue sky, nice weather. Then at 15.00, Stefan - our Elvis - sang at a wedding. Then gig in the evening with the whole Elvis band at the annual party at a big horse farm, playing three sets until one o'clock in the night. I'll post some pics when they are "out and about". Due to illness we had a different line-up and used the somewhat setablished band name Stefan used from the 80's to around 2006: "Memphis Mafia" - not to be confused with the original Elvis hangarounds...

19 hours mini tour in one day may be a piece of cake for a young guy, but old f*rts should have roadies...

LaneOnBass

Re: A little bit too late, but...

Postby LaneOnBass » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:28 am

Definitely a long day, bro. And, yeah, us old guys *should have roadies. In my own situation, however, I've become the closest thing to a roadie that we have. I'm sort of in charge of load-ins and load-outs, and quickly became "famous" for being able to pack more stuff under the bus than anyone has ever seen. I haven't mentioned my personal black hole that I stuff half of our gear into when no one is looking! :happy-smileygiantred: :happy-smileygiantred: :happy-smileygiantred:
Keep Thumpin'!

Lane

Knock me down, I'll stand up again
'Cause I won't give up & I won't give in

My Web Site

Subscribe on You Tube
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Bass Lessons HQ

bassmayhem

Re: A little bit too late, but...

Postby bassmayhem » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:02 pm

I forgot one thing: Stefan the singer and Staffan the drummer of the night are VERY allergic to horses, so playing on the hayloft of a stable caused some problems for them. Some medicaments fixed that... Also - it was cold, just some 12 degrees Celsius, so we look a bit well packed on the tiiiiniest of stages I've ever entered...

Note the antihistamin inhalator on the floor...

Return to “Post Your Next Gig”