Can I hide here?

Moderator: Bassmann1968

Paulinderwick

Can I hide here?

Postby Paulinderwick » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:06 am

Having been an Eden user for many years, and a member of the Eden Forum I am slightly bereft, to say the least, by Marshall's peremptory decision to ditch the Forum and, of course, the wealth of knowledge and information it contained. DNA don't seem to have arrived in Britain yet, in any numbers, but if I could be tolerated as a lurker here I'd be very grateful. Meanwhile can I say a big hello to those here who know me, Hi Armin, Hi Dan and Hi everyone else! If I posted this in the wrong place I'm sure it will be moved! Best wishes from Paul...

RipVanDan

Re: Can I hide here?

Postby RipVanDan » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:50 pm

Hi Paul!

Happy to see you here. Very sorry to see that the Eden forum was closed because of cost...not sure what cost there was with it but Marshall has made some strange decisions since they bought Eden. Good news is that David hisownself is still designing and selling gear. Even thought there is not always a lot of traffic on this forum, it IS OPEN and you are more than welcome to lurk and comment/ask questions here.

DNA at this point is very similar to Eden when David first founded it. It may be a bit yet before world-wide distribution is a real reality. Armin would know much more about that than I.

One thing I might point out is that David's amp designs here automatically adjust for any local AC power from 90-250VAC. So you can quite literally purchase one from the US; have it shipped (4.8-lbs for the DNA-800, 7-lbs for the DNA-1350) and just attach the correct power cord for wherever you are playing. No worries about it being made for US, UK, AU, or China AC Power. Just get the correct plug and go.

Shipping for the amps is nothing like what it was for the hybrid WT Eden series because they hardly weigh anything. Cabs on the other hand are lighter than Eden cabs, but are probably still pretty spendy for international shipping...You know, Armin would know because he's got both DNA amps and cabs.

Hey Armin, would you like to chime in here for Paul?

Rock On,
Dan
Rip Van Dan
Love those David Nordschow designs!
Amps: Eden WT500/800 (signature model!), Eden Nemesis RS400, Eden TN226
Cabs: DNS-410-8, DNS-210-8, two each Eden EX112-4
Basses: 1982 Fender Jazz (MIA), 2009 Rogue LX405 Pro (surprisingly good 5-string)

Paulinderwick

Postby Paulinderwick » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:26 pm

The ability to adjust for different voltages is one of the reasons I love my WTX260 - not sure the other ones do it, but I really treasure contact with you, with Armin, ProDigit is somewhere here as well, so as long as I'm tolerated this is a good place to be. Facebook doesn't work as well, a Forum is good constant contact where you are not going to be shuffled off by an algorithm. It is such a shame that the enormous number of historic post from people like Rock'n'Roll All (RIP) have now disappeared, maybe for good, unless there is some archive somewhere which is preserving those memories...

RipVanDan

Postby RipVanDan » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:35 am

Yeah Paul, it sucks! Plus all the stickies that were loaded with info. You'll always be able to find Armin here because he's the moderator....me, I just check in every day as if I were a moderator :DD. I don't think there is a backup of any of that unless Armin has them squirreled away somewhere.
Rip Van Dan
Love those David Nordschow designs!
Amps: Eden WT500/800 (signature model!), Eden Nemesis RS400, Eden TN226
Cabs: DNS-410-8, DNS-210-8, two each Eden EX112-4
Basses: 1982 Fender Jazz (MIA), 2009 Rogue LX405 Pro (surprisingly good 5-string)

TobiasMan

Postby TobiasMan » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:57 pm

Yep, I'm here too, Paul.

Started hanging out here well before the Garden's demise, but I too, mourn the loss of info, experience and resources, and community that resulted from that forum being dropped.

Getting David's gear here in Canada is an issue. I don't think there are any active dealers and no where I am aware to get service done. :(

Hope Armin is up to it, because he will be the primary source of info that used to be housed in the forum. ;)
Feel that bottom, eh?
Steinberger NXT5 EUB, MTD 535 fretless, Tobias Killer B6, 72 Fender P,
David's "pre-DNA" rig (Navs, QSC PL230, WT500, XLT & XST 410s, 215)

grimjim

Postby grimjim » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:41 pm

Don't know who you are, but hopefully that will change. Welcome!

Bassmann1968

Postby Bassmann1968 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:09 am

Hi Paul,
Welcome to Gene Pool.
At first about the Eden Forum. I’m trying to adopt the forum so we don’t lose all that great Information.
Second, there were also talks about closing down this forum as well. Don’t get crazy about it, it’s just an information for everyone.
Distribution. Unfortunately, I don’t have much experience with. I bought my cabs from Bass Central in Florida and bought my amp directly from David on my trip to Chicago.
There is a distributor for DNA for Europe located in the Netherlands and I know one shop in Germany that sells DNA equipment.
I will contact the distributor and see if there is a shop in the UK.
Rock on!
Armin

First european, first german, first old world and first multiple cab user :happy-smileygiantred:

1350, signed by David!
2xDNS112/8
1xDNS410/4

Paulinderwick

Postby Paulinderwick » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:59 pm

Cheers all although I have been a lurker here for many years!

jmcgliss

Postby jmcgliss » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:05 pm

Hi Paul. I was offline for a few years and just got back to see some familiar names. David has launched DNA into higher orbit around the Eden gear, as good as that is.
Jeff C

Original DNA Test Subject
The DNA 1350 SLAMS!!
Cabinets" 2 DNA DNS-112N/8 | DNS-115N/8
Amps: DNA 800 | Eden WT800C | Eden WT405

Return to “Player’s Lounge”