Micro Amps

This is the folder for Lab Assistants who want to help us design upcoming products. This is where you tell us what you want and then we all talk about it.

Moderator: Bassmann1968

rinos88

Micro Amps

Postby rinos88 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:23 pm

I would love to see some DNA micro amps. I've noticed a few brands popping some super small amps out on the market that are around the 200 watt range. Gallien Krueger, Mark Bass and T.C. Electronic, to name a few.

I think a tiny amp that could be used as a back up amp would be great. It also could be an affordable option to get people to look into the DNA line.

Thoughts?
DNA 1350 and 410-4: Why settle for really good tone when you can have the best?

https://store.cdbaby.com/m/cd/warhammer1

RipVanDan

Re: Micro Amps

Postby RipVanDan » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:21 pm

Not a bad idea rinos88, but perhaps a bit higher power than that. I have my Eden WT500/800 in the shop right now because it got dropped (DOH!) so I'm utilising my Eden Nemesis RS400, which I kept as backup. I run my WT500/800 bridged which makes 800-watts available to my DNS410 and the RS400 only puts out 240-watts at 8 ohms (400-watts at 4 ohms). That's a big difference, but my DNS410 is so efficient, the 240-watts from my RS400 runs it just fine. Still, if it can be done without a lot more cost, 250 to 300-watts at 8 ohms would be better for those who don't have DNA speaker cabs. ;)

rinos88

Re: Micro Amps

Postby rinos88 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:48 pm

I truly think that having a lower cost unit like that could give younger players an entry into the DNA world, then give them the desire to upgrade within the brand when the time comes.

Actually, Elliott Rubinson, the owner of Dean Guitars told me that even though he has all of the expensive guitars being built, it's the cheap stuff that keeps the company afloat. It sells at high volumes, then makes the players look into the more expensive stuff.

I'd just love to see DNA really take the world by storm.....plus, I'd love to have a micro amp. ;)

Speaking of the Nemesis stuff, I recently broke out my old N8 combo and started using it at church. That is one heck of a combo. David's designs never did disappoint.
DNA 1350 and 410-4: Why settle for really good tone when you can have the best?

https://store.cdbaby.com/m/cd/warhammer1

Return to “David’s Playground”