eyes dont cry (again, if you know what I mean)

If it's not a bass, and it's not an amp, but it's something you use when you're playing bass, talk about it here.

Moderator: Bassmann1968

twist

eyes dont cry (again, if you know what I mean)

Postby twist » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:37 pm

New cover project starts my quest for new tones. We're playing "Eyes don't cry" from Stevie Wonder (this band packs it up pretty good, lots of people to do the hussle!) I need ideas on what effects I could use to achieve that type of electronic bass tone.
I'm using a Pod X3 for the effects (for now). Any help would be appreciated.

ProDigit

Re: eyes dont cry (again, if you know what I mean)

Postby ProDigit » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:13 pm

I know what you mean, like on the other side, I'd suggest a BOSS ME50B for effects, but that sound is from a synthesizer, not from a bass synth.
The piano player/synth player will need to play those lines if being accurate in sound is important to you!

bassmayhem

Postby bassmayhem » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:08 pm

As I said in "another forum": Octaver (on lowest octave) plus chorus. Play an octave UP. Not the same but can work in the mix.

LaneOnBass

Postby LaneOnBass » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:55 pm

As for Octave pedal, you could also use the Mini POG and go for the octave above. This unit will also split the output into original note and the octave you choose, so you could put chorus, etc., on top octave only.

If you're looking for an interesting solution for driving a synth module with your bass, check out the Sonuus B2M, from Peterson tuners. Sean O'Bryan Smith and I have tested this unit and found that it tracks unbelievably well. (I'll be doing video on this soon.)
Keep Thumpin'!

Lane

Knock me down, I'll stand up again
'Cause I won't give up & I won't give in

My Web Site

Subscribe on You Tube
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Bass Lessons HQ

Return to “Everything Else Gear”