Music Man Bongo

This is the folder for discussions about basses. Not about playing bass... but about the instruments themselves.

Moderator: Bassmann1968

ewcg

Music Man Bongo

Postby ewcg » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:04 pm

Thought I would put in my two cents about the Bongo. I have had one for several months now and it is one of my favorite basses ever. Two major components make this bass stand out from the crowd:

1) Ergonomically this is the most comfortable bass I have ever played. Body design, weight, balance, sting spacing, pickup design, etc. makes this instrument an absolute pleasure to play. From day one it seemed like an extension of my body rather than an add on.

2) Sound quality and range. My Bongo has two humbucking pickups that employ a potentiometer, rather than a switch, so you can use only one pickup or the other, or both to any degree you like. This provides me with rock to jazz to mellow to whatever tonality I like. Plus, the built in EQ has not only treble and bass but also low and high midrange. With these I can go to metal, slapping, whatever sound I like.

If like me you live for playing your bass, do yourself a favor and check on out.
Attachments
Pickups.jpg

Return to “Basses”