Mike Lull Custom Basses

This is the folder for discussions about basses. Not about playing bass... but about the instruments themselves.

Moderator: Bassmann1968

ewcg

Mike Lull Custom Basses

Postby ewcg » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:38 pm

Hey out there in bass land...

Just thought I would share my thoughts on a new bass I picked up. I have been playing a Precision as long as I can remember and occasionally an early 70's Ricky 4001. Since my new purchase a few months ago all of these basses now hang on the wall and collect dust.

I purchased a Mike Lull Custom PJ4 and it has literally changed my playing. It is the most comfortable bass to play, and with both the Precision and Jazz pickups, you can go from Rock to Jazz or R&B with the turn of a volume knob. If you get a chance definitely check these instruments out, you won't regret it.
Attachments
PJ 4 Front Body 2.jpg

Bassmann1968

Re: Mike Lull Custom Basses

Postby Bassmann1968 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:56 pm

Thanks for the heads up.
I never saw or played one, and I guess never will in Europe.
Maybe on one of my US trips.
Armin

First european, first german, first old world and first multiple cab user :happy-smileygiantred:

1350, signed by David!
2xDNS112/8
1xDNS410/4

rinos88

Postby rinos88 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:48 am

Hmm...... post some more pics. How hard was it on the wallet? I've always kinda stayed away from basses that were Fender imitations, but I have to admit that some where really nice playing.
DNA 1350 and 410-4: Why settle for really good tone when you can have the best?

https://store.cdbaby.com/m/cd/warhammer1

ewcg

Postby ewcg » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:51 pm

Yes, hard on the wallet but worth it. This is not an imitation. Rather, it is a custom made bass that builds on great design and improves on the sound quality, playability, and great looks. More pics attached.
Attachments
PJ4 Front Body.jpg
PJ 4 Full back.jpg

Return to “Basses”