Lakland 55-94

This is the folder for discussions about basses. Not about playing bass... but about the instruments themselves.

Moderator: Bassmann1968

bassmayhem

Re: Lakland 55-94

Postby bassmayhem » Sat May 12, 2012 3:28 am

For what it's worth when comparing apples and pears: There IS a difference between the US and Skyline series. Not so much in quality, but in weight. The only other Lakland I've held in my hands was a friend's Skyline Darryl Jones five string. That bass was very,very good, bot oh, so heavy in comparison.

Well, someone will go: What? Isn't there a difference in quality? Of course there is, but it isn't "symmetrically better" compared to the difference in price, but if you weigh(!) that fact together with the lesser weight on your shoulder, well, then there is. Also, the bass has a tone with such solidity - I can't find a better word to describe it - I've only felt on a few basses along the way, among them a Canadian F Bass and a Music Man Bongo, the toilet seat shaped bass. The construction of the neck MUST be the reason to that. Not even my old Jazz bass has that clarity and firmness in tone, and to say that is like cursing in church...

RipVanDan

Postby RipVanDan » Sat May 12, 2012 9:05 am

bassmayhem wrote:****SNIP****Not even my old Jazz bass has that clarity and firmness in tone, and to say that is like cursing in church...

You watch your language young whipper-snapper or I may have to wash your mouth out with soap!...such language... :hand: :hand: :hand: :lol:

Dan

TobiasMan

Postby TobiasMan » Sat May 12, 2012 10:03 am

Now that's one yummy bass. Gorgeous wood!

Looks so much better in "person", eh? :dance:
Feel that bottom, eh?
Steinberger NXT5 EUB, MTD 535 fretless, Tobias Killer B6, 72 Fender P,
David's "pre-DNA" rig (Navs, Qsc PL230, XLT & XST 410s, WT500)

bassmayhem

Postby bassmayhem » Sat May 12, 2012 1:50 pm

I've packed down every bass except the Lakland, the old Jazz bass, the T-Chief and my EUB. Good We have plenty of room among the chain saws and other power tools in the basement... :ugeek:

Return to “Basses”